Looking Back on 2016
So, without further ado, here is our 2016 TOP 10…
1) Our new, mobile responsively designed website. Hello, 21st century!
2) Two very successful fundraising events, Bearthday & Harvest Dinner, which netted a combined total of $37,000!!!
3) New and meaningful partnerships w/ some fabulous community-focused collaborators, foundations & corporate sponsors.
4) Strategically building out our Board of Directors to meet the demands of a growing nonprofit.
5) Revised agreements with three on-site farm entrepreneurs who are invested and committed to advancing sustainable ag practices here in Raleigh while supplying local (responsibly-grown) produce to both chefs/restaurants and community members.
6) Activating the community space with the help of our program partners, Piedmont Picnic Project & Yoga Instructor, Katie Breen to provide expansive learning and growth opportunities for our Raleigh community.
7) Hosting over 30 guided farm tours and volunteer work days which engaged well over 500 volunteers and community members. Thank you!
8) Beginning the process of strategic planning with Executive Service Corps of the Triangle (ESC).
9) Our founders and all those who have helped us get this far over the past four years.
10) YOU, our Farm Friends for cheering us on and giving us a reason to press on towards our collective vision for Raleigh!
There’s even more that happens behind the scenes and even more we have planned for 2017 and beyond. But, we need your support to make it happen. Click here to lock in your tax-deductible, year-end gift. Thanks to your generosity, we can keep striving towards a more restorative, sustainable, community-based food system here in Raleigh.
For every $100 raised until the end of the year (12/31/16), we will raffle off one “Dig Where You Live” t-shirt to a valued donor. Our way of saying thanks for contributing towards our cause and helping us fulfill our mission in 2017 and beyond.