Thank You for Celebrating Our 5th Bearthday with Us!
And happy Earth Day to you, too! Thanks for coming out to celebrate our 5th Bearthday. The food and drink made it good, but having YOU there made it great. Over 300 of you attended this two-part event on April 22, and together we raised $10,000 to support our mission: to grow the next generation of farmers by connecting our community to sustainable agriculture.
There were so many of your smiling faces at our morning Bearthday Bazaar, sporting sweet flower crowns, feasting on burritos, and cruising our amazing vendors for cool things like leggings and leather baby shoes. You watched the truly one-of-a-kind Awesomettes and even paraded around with those lovely ladies. You listened to our board chairs and other champions of Raleigh City Farm celebrate a place and an organization that is truly a community endeavor. We were thrilled to cap off the morning with the unveiling of a design by LS3P for a forthcoming project we could not be more excited about: a Community Pavilion set to be built on the Farm property in the coming year. Also, there were delicious, delicious cupcakes. We hope you had one for yourself and maybe even shared another with a small, frosting-faced friend.
More Farm friends returned in the evening to jam with us at our Bearthday Concert, featuring Milagro Saints with special guests Caroline Mamoulides and Steve Howell of the band Pinto. The weather was cool and moody. Clouds rolled in and the wind whipped, but the crowd was happy, the music played on, and the rain held off. You ate. You drank. We danced. We all partied our socks off on an urban farm in the middle of Raleigh that would not be there without your support.
Whichever parts of the day you attended, we hope you had fun and we can’t thank you enough for being a part of our community, and letting us be a part of yours. Please check out our Facebook album HERE with photos of the event by the talented Juli Leonard.
So much gratitude is due to those who partnered with us, shared their goods and services, and contributed to this event in other meaningful ways:
– Yellow Dog Bread Company, for the good strong morning coffee
– Piedmont Picnic Project, who never disappoint our youngest Farm supporters with their infectious smiles and nature-inspired crafts
– The Oakwood Awesomettes, who entertained our Bazaar guests and are simply nothing short of fabulous
– Former Mayor Charles Meeker + Wake County Commissioner Sig Hutchinson, for sharing some exciting announcements with our morning guests
– Charlotte Coman, for the world’s most beautiful and delicious Bearthday cupcakes
– Our raffle donors: Whole Foods Market, CompostNow, Supper Meals, NC Theatre, Glenda Mackie, RYT 200, Kohlrai, Moon by Moon Apothecary, Cycle Logic, Align Design, One Foot Up, Leopold Designs (Whole Foods Market (Wade Avenue) also had an Earth Day event and donated all of the proceeds from their Giving Grill to RCF.)
– Our sponsors:
Lisa Grele Barrie + Meg McKinnon Bullard + Miranda Miller + Larry Zucchino + Howard Fleming