RCF FARM PARTNERSHIP OPENING
Nonprofit Urban Farm, Raleigh City Farm, seeks on-site farm partners to help fulfill its mission to grow next generation farmers by connecting our community to sustainable agriculture.
As an on-site farm partner, you enter into an agreement (typically 1-3 years in length) with RCF to activate and maintain the space you rent for a small monthly fee while you grow your business in sustainable agriculture. We seek innovative partners with a passion for sustainable urban agriculture who will thrive in a small but highly visible space (less than an acre) in downtown Raleigh. RCF requires each farm partner to devote a few hours each week of volunteer service back to the nonprofit to help fulfill its mission. Successful farm partners are those who can appreciate and anticipate the needs of a small nonprofit and creatively support its valuable work in the community.
BENEFITS TO RCF FARM PARTNERS
- Access to tools and infrastructure such as equipment, storage, water/wash station, electricity and cold storage.
- Highly visible and desirable location in a growing city with close proximity to an expanding consumer and restaurant market.
- A General Manager and a working Board of Directors who will support your business and provide you with connections and access to a network of other thriving farm partners and community partners as you grow your business.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a letter of interest to RCF’s General Manager, your resume and sample business planning framework to email@example.com (DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2019).
Raleigh City Farm is a nonprofit urban farm founded in 2011 on a formerly vacant one-acre lot in downtown Raleigh. We believe in the power of urban farms to reduce waste, create healthier communities, and reconnect city-dwellers with healthy food production through more frequent encounters with agriculture. We believe that turning vacant lots into productive, nourishing farmland can create something from nothing – an amenity from an eyesore. We believe that urban farms bring people together, make our neighborhoods more beautiful and safer, and spur economic development and growth. And we believe that our impact can extend beyond the perimeter of our small farm site as we create business opportunities for new farmers in the region, helping them sell their products to local chefs and restaurants and directly to the community.
We envision a community engaged in a vibrant, sustainable food system reinforced by a network of thriving farmers.
- Entrepreneurship – to encourage and support innovation in urban agriculture
- Local Food – to nourish our bodies and support economic development
- Community – to strengthen civic engagement and neighborhood pride
- Sustainability – to steward the health of the nonprofit and the environment
- Well-being – to recognize the transformative power of cultivating the soil
Now entering its 7th year, Raleigh City Farm is an integral part of our local community. We collaborate with a diverse array of companies and nonprofit organizations throughout the Piedmont region who share our vision and uphold our values as we invite our expanding community to “dig in” and be a part of our mission.