Month of Mobs : 8/24 @ Old Milburnie Farm
Come Crop Mob with us! We will be at 4 different farms 4 consecutive Sundays.
Crop Mob builds camaraderie through shared labor and shared food. Started in 2008 by a group of new farmers, young farmhands and food activist in the Piedmont of NC, crop mobs have spread across the nation.Here’s the lineup:
- August 17th @ Raleigh City Farm
- August 24th @ Old Milburnie Farm
- August 31st @ Double T Farm (details TBA)
- September 7th @ Breeze Incubator Farm w/ Color Fields, Open Door Farm, & South Wind Produce (details TBA)
There’s a little something for everyone rural, urban, Wake county, Orange county and a date to fit everyone’s schedule so mark your calendars. Come to one, come to them all!
Pass it along and join us! Sign up here for Crop Mob updates. Details for this Sunday below.
- Who: Crop Mob
- What: transplanting, seeding, field prep, compost spreading, weeding, irrigation set up, organizing
- Where: Old Milburnie Farm, 1929 Old Milburnie Road, Raleigh NC 27604
- Why: Summer’s ending, Fall is already on its way.
- When: 9am-2pm Sunday August 24th
- Parking: There is a separate home/business on the right side of the property as you turn in the driveway. Do not block their assortment of vehicles no matter how rusty they look. Please park in the grass field on the left side of the driveway.
- Food: As always the work will be followed by an afternoon meal provided by the farm. If you have dietary restrictions, please e-mail us separately. We are planning on homemade spaghetti sauce, veg and non-veg (w/ local pastured pork) options.
- What to bring: gloves, water bottle, closed toe shoes
- Invites: Feel free to forward this to anyone who might be interested.